The OBU Check service allows the monitoring of OBU devices and implicitly, the vehicles with installed OBU devices in order to ensure their proper functioning and to avoid possible fines for non-payment of the Hungarian road infrastructure.
Every purchase of a OBU One device has the OBU Check service included free of charge, for the first 3 months. If you choose to add the OBU Check service to your cart together with an OBU One device, you will benefit from the service for a period of 1 year, at a discounted price of 24 euros (VAT not included).
For proper monitoring, the service offers users access to the following functionalities:
- vehicle tracking based on current positions transmitted by the OBU device (useful feature to confirm that the device is online and transmits data accordingly; position checking is recommended especially when the vehicle is near the Hungarian border to see if the system is functioning properly). The current positions of vehicles can be accessed at any time, not only when the vehicle is in or near Hungary, thus being the most convenient GPS tracking solution, at a fee under the usual market price;
- for an OBU device to be able to pay the road charges automatically, it must be registered on the Hungarian roads’ authority portal, Hu-Go.hu. Through the Obu Check service, you can check any vehicle with an OBU device and see if it is registered on the portal – a useful verification feature in order not to risk the vehicle passing through Hungary without an OBU registered and without a ticket purchased for a projected route;
- through the OBU Check service, all the credentials of the OBU devices are listed and can be easily accessed by users, namely the OBU ID and OBU PIN required to register the devices on the Hungarian portal;
- in case of technical faults, whether detected by the user or by the OBU provider, technical tickets can be issued directly in the portal offered by the OBU Check service, thus maintaining evidence of your service issues and speeding up the procedures for repairing or replacing equipment, where and if it is applicable;
- with an active OBU Check service, the user can resort to compensation for any fines related to non-payment of the Hungarian road taxes, if these fines arise from technical reasons such as improper functioning of the OBU device;
- the monitoring portal of the OBU Check service can provide access to several users, so the decision-making staff, the dispatchers and all the personnel involved in your organization can access this service at no additional cost.
- the OBU Check service also allows historical view of the taxes paid by vehicles equipped with OBU devices, for a selected period of time. These payment reports can be exported in PDF and XLS formats or listed, helping the financial or accounting department of your company;
- the OBU Check portal is easy to use, intuitive and has a dedicated support service in case of need.